Monday, July 21, 2014

Brief Return to Work

My summer at home was interrupted for one day by work. I attended a one-day workshop on revisions to the AP U.S. History course that is my favorite to teach. I'm back to teaching it this year, after a one-year hiatus. It's hard to imagine teaching the course with these changes if I had not attended the workshop. The changes to the program really are that substantial. It was even exciting, somewhat, to imagine teaching this . . .

Wait. What's that? Oh, really. Hmmm. And I'm finding this out at 1:45 of the day I'm having a conference about teaching AP U.S. in 2014-15?

Okay, well it seems I'm not teaching that course next year anyway. Looks like I'm needed in AP Macro land.

I think I ought to enjoy this rye and the next five weeks rather than express my angst at this switcheroo. One only has so many beautiful July evenings. Why waste one complaining about work?

Oh, Sherry and I think we might try to hit all five lakes on this year's summer adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment