Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Selfies from the Road Trip

Final road trip post. A great trip deserves some cheesy selfies, especially from the dad who was cheesy enough to wear a shirt that said "Father" on our long drive days. 

How I was most often viewing wildlife in Custer.

Best selfie of the trip. Sam with a burro. 

The pride of getting onto a tour of Delta 01 at the last minute. I wasn't expecting to get onto Joe's tour, so I kept my sunglasses on for the whole trip. 


Badlands, SD.

In badlands at Theodore Roosevelt National Park. 

Beside a fallen petrified tree. 

High degree of difficulty. There's a prairie dog back there. 

When I got a bit too close to a buffalo above the Little Missouri. 

Sherry and I at our final tourist stop: the huntin' cabin for a would-be cattle baron in Medora. 

I loved this trip. It had been a goal to get Sherry and the kids to the Black Hills (a place so fantastic that Joe wanted to see it again). It had been another goal to get to Theodore Roosevelt, and the park didn't disappoint. Five proved to be perfect number for our adventures at these parks. I'd do it again in a heartbeat . . . 

. . . well, in a heartbeat sometime next decade. 5,200 miles on the road takes a toll, even when it's with these great travelers. 


Thanks for reading. 


1 comment: