Sunday, March 8, 2020

Suddenly . .. . There's a New List

It's a nice day in Southeastern PA today, but it's not as nice as this photo (not taken in PA) would suggest.

When I last wrote here I conceded that I was traveled out. That's not necessarily a bad thing. We've been very fortunate to have the chances to travel that we have had. And since I last posted there was another awesome adventure . . . to Costa Rica (at some point I'm sure I'll get around to writing about that). Yet upon returning from our Dakotas road trip I found myself at a point I can hardly remember being at before, a point where I really didn't know where I wanted to go next.

In the past week, though, I have awakened from my dormant state. There's a new list of places I wish to visit. Here we go . . .

Apparently it's the 250th anniversary of Beethoven's birth, and Bonn is calling. Don't think we'll make it there in 2020, though.

Michigan has emerged as a place I want to again visit. I need another day at the Henry Ford and Greenfield Village. Then I learned of a Bologna Festival in Yale, Michigan. Oh, and the Upper Peninsula is calling (which would allow me to see Apostle Islands in Wisconsin, too).

Image result for pictured rocks poster

While we're up north, I heard about Boundary Waters. That sounds fun.

Sherry keeps whispering sweet somethings to me about the Grand Canyon which, for some reason, I've put on my to-do list for retirement, but I'd be wise to listen to her. I'm wondering if we could loop such a trip in with seeing some other sites in that area of the country.

Big Bend National Park (and other sites in Texas) are making it onto my quickly-getting-crowded to-do list.

Part of what inspired these musings was an observation by Clark Howard that one can find great bargains on Kayak's Explore feature. There are a lot of cheap places to get to from Newark or Philly. It's fun to dream about what we can do. And we're lucky to not have the barriers to travel that so many have: we're healthy, we get around easily, we have ample vacation time, our kids are good travelers. Now it's time to put these great destinations in a good, useful order.


No comments:

Post a Comment